Friday, September 20, 2013

One Post and I'm Already Slacking!

So when I posted the other day, I had every intention of posting , and again the next day, faithfully blogging each and every day. Now I see that may be unrealistic and too lofty a goal. Therefore I will blog "when I can" - that will be my goal.

A proper introduction from me:  I am mom/stepmom to six, three of whom are still at home. Of the three who are not at home, one is a college grad living in Charlotte, NC; one is working in a restaurant and livng with her mom in Boston, MA and one is in college about an hour away from here.  Of the three still at home with us, one is getting ready to start studying welding, one is in sixth grade and one is in third grade.  I have been married to my husband for going-on twelve years.  It has been rough and rocky at times, but we have persevered and stayed together, and things are quite well with us.  He works on the railroad, but was recently laid off, again, so money is going to get tight again.  But with God's blessings, we'll manage just fine.  Oh, and with my mom's help, too!! - we are moving in with her at the end of this month.  She owns a good sized house on 14 acres in the country, and I am really looking forward to getting back into country living!  We are currently working on finishing her basement, so we will have a mostly-separate living space with about 1200 or so square feet.

Next, I am currently researching juicers.  I don't know much about them, but from what I have read, I believe that a masticating juicer is what I need for my purposes. I would like to make vegetable, fruit and green juices.  If you have a recommendation, please let me know - it would really help me in choosing!



Also, I have been working on researching blogs and making up a blogroll. I am not done yet, but I have stumbled upon a lot of really great blogs right up my alley: blogs about Christianity and Godly living, homesteading, gardening, family, self sufficiency, TEOTWAWKI, prepping, foraging, animal husbandry, large families, food production and much more.  I look forward to having a large and extensive blogroll, and hopefully maintaining it with some regularity.  Also to the online fellowship with likeminded individuals.

Well, I have chores to do - cleaning, packing, and getting supper for this evening prepped, so until next time, may God bless you richly!

No comments:

Post a Comment